13 May 2010

Final reflection: My English progress.

I'm going to compare my first composition with my last composition. What I can see is that I used to use short sentences and I didn't link much of them with any connector or post-fillers:"I like going to the mountains a lot so I go to summer camps/routes...". Nowadays I make longer sentences with connectors, as you can see in the second paragraph:"On the one hand, it's clear..... pushing the others to the abyss.".
Regarding the oral presentation, I think that my first oral presentation was quite good because I talked about an experience I had. The structure was right, the language used had some new vocabulary I learnt in Scotland, the presentation, the fluency and the pronunciation could improve but they were quite good. My last oral presentation was the one made in London so I think that it wasn't much better that the first I did, because it wasn't as prepared as the other. Despite that I think I have made a progress in the way I make the oral presentations because now I have more experience and I have learnt some useful things. My compositions have also improved, now I try to use as many connectors as I can, and I also try to use some phrasal verbs and new vocabulary.

No comments: